Music therapy, through the latest research, has received much more importance for promoting healthy brain patterns and activities than ever before. Listening to music, especially of specific frequencies, have been found to benefit different parts of the brain such as the frontal lobe and temporal lobe for brain stimulation and executive functioning, Broca’s and Wernicke’s area which supports speech and communication as well as the hypothalamus in the brain which is responsible for secrete hormones in the brain that has an extended effect on the heart as well as blood pressure.
This podcast episode on Finding your focus through Music therapy revolves around different elements of music and how they can be helpful for brain health as well as mental health. Tune in to this episode with Ms. Tanisha Bhan, who is a certified mental health professional, as she shares with the listeners the advantages and disadvantages associated with listening to music. With the help of this podcast episode, you can also learn how you can use music therapy for enhancing your focus.
Tune in to this podcast where our speaker, Ms. Tanisha reflects upon the psychological benefits that music has for all of us.
Find your Focus with Neuphony – A Wearable EEG Device
Now you can use neurofeedback and music therapy to attain the best out of your potential using Neuphony. Neurofeedback has been found to encourage patients with depression, anxiety as well as sleep issues to take the support of music in order to self-regulate their brain activity using receptive music therapy that also has an emotional therapeutic effect.
Benefits of Music
Unaware of its numerous advantages, humans have been listening to music for years without the slightest idea. The various benefits of music for the brain in the area of meditation science are:
- Music helps in reducing pain: This occurs when the brain receptors that exhibit the body’s pain are blocked when the musical stimulation reaches the brain.
- Stress Relief: Many have already been using music to relieve themselves from stress. But this also has a scientific basis to it. Like meditation, music therapy has also been used for therapeutic uses for many years.
- Memory: Music has also been known to improve the memory of an individual.
Explore the benefits of Music Therapy and Neurofeedback with Neuphony:
Measure your brain waves using EEG sensors and get real-time auditory feedback.
We have the ability to structurally change our brain network through regular practice irrespective of age.
Rewire your brain to gain attention and awareness using different meditation techniques.
There are few things that stimulate the brain the way music does
How can Neuphony Support your Mental Health Issues?
With Neuphony Change the reactive approach towards mental health and start building resilience by being more proactive.
Getting distracted is easy for our mind, all it takes is one stray thought. Distractions eat up so much of our time and mental resources that either we are left feeling overwhelmed or incompetent.
By creating a brain map of your cognitive state Neuphony helps you:
- Identity these distractions, when they happen
- Control your attention consciously using Focus excercise
- Real time feedback to help you stay on your point of focus
- It’s like going to a mental gym and training your brain muscles to help you concerntrate.
Reduce Anxiety and Stress
We are evolved in a way that we are susceptible to self-induced stress. If our brain thinks of past traumatic experiences our body experiences the event as if it is happening right now, and anxiety is our body’s response to stress.
Neuphony creates a brain map of your cognitive state to help you:
- Identify the emotional triggers
- Break the cycle of negative thoughts and feelings feeding off each other
- Mindfulness exercises, which help you observe all your thoughts without getting attached to particular one
- Auditory feedback if you get stuck on a thought and couldn’t let go
Achieving Internal Peace
With constant bombardment of information and being in a state of over-arousal deprives our brain the time to consolidate and enhance our understanding. Being thoughtless is a gift for your mind.
Neuphony creates a brain map of your cognitive state and helps
- Create a roadmap tailored for your mind
- Slowly guide and train your brain to take a break
- Create awareness about the Inner working of your mind
- Enhance the experience of your meditation session by tracking your brain activity
Our habits are nothing but our autonomous nervous system taking control over our mind. We all have, at some point, made a conscious decision to make a change. Ever wondered why is it so hard?
Neuphony creates a brain map of your cognitive state to help you
- Identify those autonomous programs in our mind
- Similar to bad habits, good ones can be instilled into the subconscious
- Recommend mindfulness meditation, and focus exercises based on your brain state
- Help you retain your subconscious
To learn more about Neuphony: Click Here
Photo Credits: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center Patient Activities: Music Therapy | Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center