NanoVeda Sleep Strips area proprietary blend of Valerian, Melatonin, and Vitamin B6. Valerian is a perennial herb that has been used for decades to treat sleep disorders. Mild sedative and tranquilizer properties present in this herb induces sleep. Also, it has been used to manage several other conditions, such as depression, anxiety, menopausal symptoms, and stress. However, further research is needed to document these uses of valerian.1,2
Melatonin is a natural hormone produced by the brain in response to darkness. It controls the biological rhythms, thereby promoting and regulating sleep. Also, it promotes total sleep time, helps to recover from jet lag fatigue by balancing the sleep-wake cycle, and decreases the time for people to fall asleep.1,2
Vitamin B6 is a water-soluble vitamin that is converted as a coenzyme in the body and plays an important role in the biosynthesis of amino acids, carbohydrates, and lipid metabolism.3,4
Benefits of NanoVeda Sleep Strips
- Promotes deep and restful sleep
- Makes you fall asleep quickly
- Re-sets body’s sleep-wake cycle
- Oxman AD, Flottorp S, Håvelsrud K, et al. A televised, web-based randomised trial of an herbal remedy (valerian) for insomnia. PLoS One. 2007;2(10):e1040.
- Liu L, Liu C, Wang Y, Wang P, Li Y, Li B. Herbal Medicine for Anxiety, Depression and Insomnia. Curr Neuropharmacol. 2015;13(4):481-493.
- Brown MJ, Ameer MA, Beier K. Vitamin B6 Deficiency (Pyridoxine) [Updated 2020 Jul 21]. In: StatPearls [Internet]. Treasure Island (FL): StatPearls Publishing; 2020 Jan.
- Parra M, Stahl S, Hellmann H. Vitamin B₆ and Its Role in Cell Metabolism and Physiology. Cells. 2018;7(7):84.